i’m good at being uncomfortable. . .sort of

i don’t know about you guys but i’m ready to return to a more regular routine! the week of christmas to new years is always one where i feel like i’m tripping over my own two feet. my schedule is clumsy and i often feel like i’m not getting anything of note accomplished. i’m a highly organized/chronic list making person that worries.a.lot. far too much about stuff! this time of year is always a test for me but i’m trying to do my best to roll with the punches. any fellow control freaks out there? you feel me.

in typical fashion, i’m already future thinking (crap, 2013 was supposed to be all about living in the present). i’m pretty excited for this week even though it includes a doctor’s appointment (nothing is wrong, just a check up). to balance that out, i have two fun things going on 1. different red highlights in my already super red hair and 2. my tattoo consult! i won’t lie, i’m kinda physically ill at the thought of the latter, but i only get this life! i am absolutely determined to make the most of it and entertain all most of my ‘wild’ pursuits.

i’m also in full blown travel preparation mode: think mini everything (maps included). when i travel, i never bring my favorite fragrance (this one) because the bottle is heavy. i found this site called petite perfume where you can buy mini fragrances!

so, what are you doing to ring in the new year? enjoy a good sipper (you know i’m obsessed with all these flavor tinctures in that photo. tasty science at work!) any good tips for travel to tokyo?

photo (3)

8 Responses to i’m good at being uncomfortable. . .sort of

• Kristina says:
    December 30, 2013 at 9:56 pm

Good luck with your tattoo consult!! I’m planning on getting some ink this year too, but I haven’t taken the plunge and made an appointment yet or anything. Eek. You only get this life…so true, I have been thinking about that a LOT lately. Like probably too much….but in a good way, I think?

Have so much fun in Tokyo! I was there a few years ago, not for very long but if you can, try to find a good karaoke bar (especially if you know some locals and can tag along with them, they will know the spots that tourists can’t really find), and make sure to go to an authentic noodle shop/restaurant!

• Melissa says:
      January 3, 2014 at 5:10 pm

i can’t wait to hear about what ink you might get! it’s a really interesting subculture as well, i love seeing historical photographs of some of the first ‘inkings’ in the US

• purelytwins says:
    December 31, 2013 at 3:22 am

feel with your pain with lack of schedule!! we have both been all over the place, and look forward to getting back into a routine. sadly it will be awhile!

have fun with your travels!! tokyo — fun :)

• Ameena says:
    January 2, 2014 at 1:36 am

I feel you…you can’t even imagine how much. I am a chronic worrier. It’s so frustrating but I can’t seem to stop!

Anyway, with regards to Tokyo – one of the most amazing places to visit! If you can have afternoon tea at the Peninsula definitely go – it’s fantastic. And oddly enough, there are great Indian restaurants in Tokyo! I had some of the most authentic dosa ever. Aside from that we did all the touristy things and had a blast.

Safe travels! And lots of luck with the tattoo. Happy New Year!

• Melissa says:
      January 3, 2014 at 5:09 pm

oh i bet i can imagine…i put on a good show #worrywart

• meri says:
    January 3, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Hi out there-
    I just came across your blog and I am so intrigued by the combination of interests you have listed in your profile (wow this sounds like spam as I am typing but I’m a real human haha). I’m interested to see what comes next. Cheers!
    Meri
    merigoesround.com

• Melissa says:
      January 3, 2014 at 5:09 pm

haha thanks meri! i just checked your blog and indeed…you are a real human ;) i see you’ve been to praha as well, one of my favorite cities!! x

• Krissie J @ Philly Nerd Girl says:
    January 8, 2014 at 4:04 pm

I completely took advantage of my lack of schedule and it was amazing. I slept probably way too much, but oh well! I’m excited for your tattoo!! :)